Starting pay is $12.00 per hour; $13.00 per hour for candidates with a current POL Certification.
The safety of our job candidates and employees is a top priority. The Kroc Center follows social distancing guidelines for all in-person interviews. Go to this link to review other precautionary measures in place at the Kroc Center:
The Kroc Center is an ENERGIZING, FUN, FAST-PACED recreation and education center providing opportunities for people to connect, experience personal growth, and develop relationships. The Kroc is a world-class facility and a Nebraska treasure supporting the community and its members with fulfilling and family friendly programs and activities.
Our team members thrive on serving others and making a difference in our community. A positive attitude, fun-loving spirit and a desire to be part of something bigger is a must. If you have a servant’s heart and a drive for excellence to help us achieve our mission, then we want you to be part of our team!
Summary/Primary Purpose: Lifeguards are responsible for ensuring the safety of the members when they are in or around the pools and to respond to emergency situations.
Work Schedule: 3 part-time openings; schedules will vary to cover shifts Monday through Friday 5:15am to 12pm, and Saturday 6:45am to 12pm. For questions regarding scheduling, please contact Maria at (402) 905-3592.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recognize and respond quickly and effectively in emergencies.
- Eliminate hazardous situations or behaviors.
- Enforce the facility policies, rules and regulations.
- Complete daily records, accident and incident reports.
- Inform the manager of situations that need attention (emergencies, closings, accidents, behavioral situations requiring notification of law enforcement personnel and property issues).
- Maintain current certifications.
- Attend mandatory meetings and in-service training.
- Never leave the pool unattended.
- Clean the pools and deck area.
- Oversee/clean the Aquatic locker rooms.
- Check and document findings for equipment and fixtures.
- Foster a positive working relationship with all departments, and outside agencies and vendors.
- Consistently provide accurate updates and feedback to direct manager
- Work schedule may include morning, afternoon, evening, and weekend hours.
- All other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Education and/or Experience: Prefer high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the minimal knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
- Good communication skills including interpersonal skills.
- English proficiency required; Spanish language skills helpful.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team.
- Attention to detail, creative problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters
- Strong independent judgement.
- General computer knowledge is required to access payroll, timekeeping and personal data via a web-based system.
Other Qualifications: Must pass all applicable background checks.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must successfully complete Safe from Harm training within 30 days of hire, as established by The Salvation Army. Must hold current Lifeguard, CPR, First Aid and AED certification prior to offer of employment.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to swim 300 yards, tread water for two minutes without the use of hands, swim 25 yards, retrieve a 10 pound brick and swim additional 25 yards carrying the brick.
Must be able to see, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle or feel. Must be able to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Working Conditions: This position works in a well-lighted indoor pool area year round. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high depending on the number of members using the facility. In addition, portions of the primary work facility may be considered cooler, humid, warm (Aquatic Center and outside facility) while other locations (Gymnasium) may be considered moderately loud in nature.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
The Salvation Army Mission: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center Purpose Statement: Inspire people to discover their God given talents and develop their potential through artistic, educational, physical, and spiritual experiences in a Christ-centered atmosphere.