The safety of our job candidates and employees is a top priority. The Kroc Center follows social distancing guidelines for all in-person interviews. Go to this link to review other precautionary measures in place at the Kroc Center:
The Kroc Center is an ENERGIZING, FUN, FAST-PACED recreation and education center providing opportunities for people to connect, experience personal growth, and develop relationships. The Kroc is a world-class facility and a Nebraska treasure supporting the community and its members with fulfilling and family friendly programs and activities.
Our team members thrive on serving others and making a difference in our community. A positive attitude, fun-loving spirit and a desire to be part of something bigger is a must. If you have a servant’s heart and a drive for excellence to help us achieve our mission, then we want you to be part of our team!
Job Summary/Primary Purpose: The Aquatics Assistant is responsible for assisting the Aquatics Manager in overseeing Aquatics operations as directed and supporting the execution of approved programming.
Work Schedule: Part-time 20-29 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Aquatics Manager as directed in implementing the short and long-range strategic vision and objectives for the Aquatics area.
- Establish and promote a culture in which excellent customer hospitality thrives, all guests feel welcome, and events and programming are well attended.
- Assure any emergency response follows TSA policy and clear and concise documentation is completed.
- Provide hands-on leadership and oversight of theAquatic’s activities, classes and programs. Reports issues and resolves routine matters in a timely manner.
- Ensure all safety standards required by state, local, and TSA regulations are maintained and documented.
- Assist in equipment maintenance, training and orientation for staff on all Aquatics equipment as needed and maintain current inventory documentation.
- Assist with the maintenance of standard operation procedures for the Aquatics area.
- Assist with tracking and reviewing key performance indicators for the Aquatics area and proactively provide summary information and reports to leadership.
- Assist the Aquatics manager in recruiting and hiring; training Aquatics staff when directed to ensure a motivated, knowledgeable, and stable team.
- Ensure goals and objectives are followed by all staff to drive established Aquatics area priorities.
- Follow Divisional and Kroc Center procedures regarding any staff performance or discipline issues.
- Actively participate in community events and outreach in order to effectively promote utilization of the Kroc Center as assigned by the Kroc Officers.
- Coordinate with appropriate marketing efforts to support Kroc brand and member knowledge of programming available.
- All other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Aquatics Assistant oversees all Aquatics staff including, the Aquatics Lead, Aquatics Specialists, Lifeguards and Aquatics Attendants.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Prefer at least 1 years of experience in supervising aquatics facilities and programs.
- Prefer at least 1 year’s previous experience in teaching a variety of aquatics programs and lessons.
- Working knowledge of general safety guidelines of aquaticsenvironments required.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the minimal knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
- Good communication skills including interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage, train and develop staff to achieve objectives.
- English proficiency required; Spanish language skills helpful.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Exceptional flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects or tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team.
- Attention to detail, creative problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters
- Strong independent judgement.
- General computer knowledge is required to access payroll, timekeeping and personal data via a web-based system.
Other Qualifications: Must pass all applicable background checks. Must possess a valid driver's license from the state in which you reside. Must be approved through The Salvation Army Fleet Safety Program to drive either a Salvation Army or personal vehicle on Salvation Army business.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Cardiovascular Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR/AED/First Aid) certification is required and must be maintained on a yearly basis.
- Current Red Cross Lifeguard Certification.
- Must successfully complete Safe from Harm training as established by The Salvation Army.
- A hold a current Nebraska Pool Operator License (PO) or ability to achieve one within the first 90 days of employment. Obtain a Certified Pool Operator (CPO) License as training becomes available.
- A current certification from the American Red Cross as Water Safety Instructor (WSI) and Lifeguard Instructor (LGI) must be obtained within the first 90 days of employment or as training becomes available.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to swim and meet all physical capabilities required of a certified lifeguard and instructor of swimming lessons. Other physical requirements include good speaking, hearing and vision ability, and excellent manual dexterity. Ability to stand, bend and reach for extended periods of time, dexterity of hands and fingers to operate equipment. This position will require the ability to lift and/or move more than 50 pounds occasionally.
Working Conditions: The majority of the workday will be in a mixed environment including offices, a well-lighted indoor pool area throughout the year while considered humid and moderately loud in nature.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
The Salvation Army Mission: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center Purpose Statement
Inspire people to discover their God given talents and develop their potential through artistic, educational, physical, and spiritual experiences in a Christ-centered atmosphere.