This is a great part-time temporary position with our Quincy Family Store working approximately 24 hours a week during the summer months (June, July and August).
This position is expected to perform all functions of the Donation Center Clerk. This includes but is not limited to: Providing excellent customer service; receiving donations, assisting with unloading Family Store truck; lifting and carrying donated/purchased items; sorting donations; cleaning or repairing items; preparing items for the sales floor including pricing items. The majority of the work performed in the position will be of a physical labor type. Basic communication and math skills are required.
1. Provide excellent customer service by giving prompt, friendly assistance to meet customer needs both in-person and on the phone.
2. Interact with other staff in a manner which promotes positive relationships.
3. Receive and sort donated items.
4. Clean and/or repair donated items as necessary.
5. Hang and tag donated items in accordance with processing procedures.
6. Place items ready to for the sales floor in the appropriate staging locations for sales floor staff to access.
7. Assist in loading and unloading of the store’s truck, customers’ vehicles, and/or donors’ vehicles.
Education: High school/equivalent diploma.
Experience: One year related work experience or two years’ work experience without diploma. Combination of education and work experience will be considered.