The Salvation Army Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
OBJECTIVE: Work/rotate with Food Service Director to perform all food service functions in the kitchen, having the ability to prepare and cook meals for up to 400 people (typically less). An important need is that this position is available mostly on weekends with flexibility to cover for the Food Service Director (1st Cook) in case of emergency.
• Assist in preparing foods by performing general kitchen tasks.
• Cook, trim, portion, carve, bake, etc. Portion meats, vegetables, salads, breads, desserts, etc.
• Fry, boil, broil, roast, and steam meat, poultry and/or vegetables.
• Help unload, store and move supplies.
• Take out trash from kitchen and dinning room.
• Sweep and mop kitchen and dining room.
• Wash and restack dishes, pots and pans.
• Clean and sanitize kitchen and dinning rooms.
• Any additional duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Food Service Personnel – must be able to properly lift at least 50 pounds from ground level to counter top, bend, reach, stand on feet for long periods (12+ hours) and withstand extreme temperature hot and cold.
• Training and experience in cooking for large groups.
• Experience in kitchen cleaning and guest relations.
• Knowledge of standards of food preparation, serving, and kitchen procedures.