The Salvation Army thrift store located in Centralia, Illinois, is looking for a part-time, 15-20 hours per week, Thrift Store Worker. This position’s main responsibilities are to sort and process donations, as well as, maintaining floor presentations, and assisting customers. Starting pay is $8.25 an hour.
1. Professionally engage and assist customers with their purchasing needs.
2. Professionally engage with other staff and leadership in a manner which promotes positive relationships.
3. Sort donated items as directed.
4. Price donated items as directed.
5. Prepare and place donated items on racks/shelves for display.
6. Assist in loading and unloading truck, customers’ vehicles, and/or donors’ vehicles, as directed.
7. Accurately operate cash register / point of sale computer transactions for purchased items including reconciling the cash drawer and assisting with bank deposits, daily.
Full Job Description available at time of interview.
High school or equivalent diploma and one year of related work experience. Ability to operate a cash register/point of sale computer to include accurate sales transactions and making correct change. Applicant must possess strong organizational and communication skills. They must have an eye for detail and a commitment to produce quality work. Must be able to work with a team or independently based on business needs.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.