The Salvation Army corps located in St. Charles, Missouri, is looking for a part-time, 25 hours per week, Kitchen Supervisor. This position comes with great benefits such as 12 paid holidays a year, vacation time, sick time, and is eligible for participation in the company funded pension plan after one year of service.
1. Supervise and train food service staff to maintain a safe and efficient food service operation.
2. Perform the duties of a cook.
3. Lift and carry cooking materials and supplies. Maintain kitchen pantry and storage shed, keeping stock rotated and organized.
4. Prepare menus for feeding program based on availability of items using USDA and donated foods.
5. Complete necessary prep work for meals.
6. Comply with all federal, state and local health and safety guidelines.
7. Exceed health standards cleanliness requirements. Sanitize all cooking utensils. Create and maintain kitchen area cleaning schedule daily, weekly and monthly cleaning.
Full Job Description available at time of interview.
High school or equivalent with two years kitchen or food prep experience with some supervisory experience. Combination of training and experience will be considered. Must be able to comply with recipes and safety handling instructions. Must have food handling certificate or obtain one within the orientation period and be medically qualified to work in food service area. Maintain client confidentiality and treat all persons, both clients and staff, with respect. Must be a team player, a self-starter, able to handle several projects at the same time and perform well with minimum supervision. Must think independently and demonstrate sound judgment.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.