The Salvation Army Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of Christ. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
1. Lifeguards must be on duty at all times while campers are in the pool. Supervision must be given constantly.
2. Lifeguards must have campers follow pool rules; this is a policy that lifeguards must enforce.
3. If music is played at the pool, it must be Christian in nature. Only one radio is allowed at a time.
Oversee Pool Activities
1. Develop and oversee swimming instruction for campers and staff. Check with Head Lifeguard regarding schedule of classes, swimming activities for evening programs , etc.
2. During registration days, conduct deep water tests and give pool rules to campers as instructed by Head Lifeguard.
3. Oversee maintenance and operation of the pool as instructed by the Head Lifeguard; follow all instructions as given by the Head Lifeguard.
1. On rainy days, a schedule of other activities will be given to you by the DYS.
2. Attend Evening programs and assist other staff with campers as needed and/or assigned
3. Attend daily staff devotions
4. Assist with supervision of campers in cabins as directed
5. Other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma or equivelant. ARC lifeguard course or equivelant.
Experience: Individual must have specific knowledge and work experience related to
working with children. Also, individual must be willing to become familiar with and support the mission of The Salvation Army; must be able to pass background check.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment: This Position is required to do moderate physical work. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the individual is regularly required to be standing for long periods of time, use hands and fingers, communicate, move, occasionally required to position self to stoop, kneel or crouch, frequently required to reach with and use arms and hands as required with working with kids. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to focus. The work environment for this position is in a cabin and outdoors with varying degrees of heat and with a moderate noise level.