The Salvation Army Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of Christ. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
1. Provide leadership and supervision within the cabins as directed.
2. Assist with camp programs as directed.
3. Participate with campers in general sessions and evening meetings.
4. Be available to campers and provide supervision during Free Times.
5. Monitor recreation activities, crafts, and other classes as assigned.
6. Oversee all assigned cabin activities.
7. Oversee daily cleanliness of assigned cabins.
8. Ensure accurate meal counts of assigned campers and leaders.
9. Sit with and assist campers during meal times.
10. Oversee end of camp cleaning of assigned cabins.
11. Provide necessary First Aid in emergency situations.
12. Assist with camper arrival and registration process as directed.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: Individual must have specific knowledge and work experience related to
working with children. Also, individual must be willing to become familiar with and support the mission of The Salvation Army; must be able to pass background check.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment: This Position is required to do moderate physical work. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the individual is regularly required to be standing for long periods of time, use hands and fingers, communicate, move, occasionally required to position self to stoop, kneel or crouch, frequently required to reach with and use arms and hands as required with working with kids. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to focus. The work environment for this position is in a cabin and outdoors with varying degrees of heat and with a moderate noise level.