Come join a team who is "Doing the Most Good". The Salvation Army Family Enrichment Center located in Springfield, Missouri, is looking a part-time, under 20 hours per week, Shelter Monitor. Stating pay is $8.60 an hour.
This position maintains shelter security, performs related duties to maintain control and assist homeless clients in the shelter, and is responsible for his/her shift.
1. Monitor clients to maintain control and assure safety of clients in building and on grounds.
2. Enforce resident policies and procedures.
3. Accomplish intake interviews on all clients including police clearance and explain thorough explanation of policies and procedures.
4. Assign beds for lodging, and give out bed linens as needed.
5. Make FEC journal log entries of incidents during the shift, and read the previous entries at the beginning of the shift.
6. Record statistics of attendance at house meetings and maintain client roster list.
7. Make resident bed checks every hour during the night.
8. Answer phone calls and take/pass messages as necessary.
9. Assign/monitor chores to be completed by residents. Assist with training for chores. Keep office clean.
10. Wake clients up as necessary.
Full Job Description will be provided upon request and/or interview.
High school or equivalent diploma with one year of experience working in social service agency or two years work experience without a diploma. Higher education in psychology, social work, criminal justice or other related field is a plus. Must possess Infant/Child/Adult CPR/First Aid certification or be able to acquire certification within the first ninety (90) day probationary period. Must be a team player, a self-starter, and perform well with minimum supervision. Good communication skills are essential, as well as an ability to work with diverse cultures. Computer skills are desirable.
Physical and Work Environment Requirements: Must be capable of performing the above essential duties in an office environment to include: using a computer, answering phones, etc. Most work will be indoors in a temperature-controlled environment.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.