Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the Love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Job Summary: Provide shelter services and appropriate case management for homeless individuals or families. Promote and facilitate Pathway of Hope to qualifying families. Formulate case plans that promote moving towards self-sufficiency. Ensure the safety of all residents by implementing, monitoring and enforcing the rules and regulations of the emergency shelter.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Completes an initial needs assessment and acts upon critical needs appropriately and immediately
• Orients clients to the shelter programs, requirements and consequences
• Provide weekly case management to homeless shelter guests
• Other duties as assigned.
• Develops a comprehensive client-driven case plan with both short-term and long-term goals identified
• Completes a timeline and measures for each goal
• Monitors progress towards goals in regularly scheduled weekly sessions
• Evaluates and adjusts case plans as needed and provides written warnings with consequences if satisfactory progress is not being met
• Empowers clients to become involved in their own planning and goal setting
• Refers clients to appropriate resources to assist with meeting goals
Recordkeeping and Reporting:
• Maintains client files to include conversations, warnings, progress towards goals and documentation of any incidents.
• Enter client information in the HMIS reporting system.
• Report critical incidents immediately to the Shelter Director.
Teamwork and Collaboration:
• Works in collaboration with program and all other agency staff to facilitate a team environment
• Serves on committees as requested
• Role models effective team behaviors
• Demonstrate effective communication skills in building relationships with all employees and clients.
• Creates good working relationships with local area service providers and support groups to facilitate the access to area resources for the clients
• Substitutes for other staff when need arises which may include after hours, weekends and holidays. • Provide weekly case management to homeless shelter guests
• Supervise shelter monitors if/when needed in the absence of the Shelter Director.
Values and Culture:
• Treat all clients, visitors and employees with caring, kindness, respect and dignity
• Adheres to policies, procedures, code of conduct and attendance rules
• Maintains strict confidentiality of all information.