THE SALVATION ARMY MISSION STATEMENT
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
TITLE: FAMILY STORE DRIVER/ PROCESSOR
1. Drive for store donation pickups when needed.
2. May have to drive to other locations to deliver recyclables to the warehouse.
3. When not driving you will work at the store in the processing department or wherever directed by store manager.
• Pick up and or delivery of items using box truck.
• Put gas in trucks when needed.
• Complete daily maintenance check of truck and report problems to designated person.
• Clean truck after route is completed.
• Safely operates vehicle.
• Understand and work within The Salvation Army and Positional Statements.
• Process all merchandise efficiently and properly following the standards and quotas of The Salvation Army.
• Responsible to maintain good customer relations by giving prompt, courteous assistance to customers.
• Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Must be able to lift 80 pounds.
• Pass a MDOT physical.
• Ability to bend, reach, stoop, and stand for long periods of time.
• Adapt to rapid temperature changes and work in temperature extremes, both hot and cold.
• Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle in accordance with MDOT regulations.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will not do anything as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
• Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent
• Meet MDOT Physical Standards
• Valid Michigan Chauffeur License and approved by The Salvation Army MVR
• Must view and understand all safety training prior to employment