The Midtown Service and Treatment Center (MSTC) located in downtown St. Louis is looking for someone who is driven by wanting to help others achieve their goal of a creating a better life for themselves. We have an opening for a full-time, 40 hours per week, Treatment Support Specialist. This position comes with benefits such as medical, dental, and life insurance, paid holidays, vacation time, sick time, and participation in the company funded pension plan after one year of service. Starting pay is $11.25 an hour.
This position monitors all activities associated with the Substance Abuse Program including Detox, Residential and Outpatient Treatment Program. Perform duties of an Associate Substance Abuse Counselor and related duties to maintain a safe, clean and healthy therapeutic environment; assisting clients with achieving their therapeutic goals.
1. Conduct client evaluation interviews, assess type of treatment required, develop treatment plan; include screenings and intakes when admitted into treatment.
2. Perform clients’ breathalyzer and urinalysis.
3. Conduct routine search and seizure procedures.
4. Orient clients upon admission into the program.
5. Conduct financial screenings and accept clients according to the program policy guidelines.
6. Answer phones and conduct screening and place on waitlist or refer to Intake Coordinator.
7. Counsel detox clients about treatment options in the program; refer to other agencies, as needed.
8. Refer eligible clients to Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) in consultation with ACS/Counselor.
Full Job Description available at time of interview.
High school diploma or equivalent and one year work experience.
Required at time of hire:
Hepatitis A vaccine documentation required by the City of St. Louis Health Department.
Annual TB test.
Current CPR certificate.
Required within 60 days of employment:
Missouri Associate Alcohol Drug Counselor Certification.
Class E license.
Required within 90 days of employment:
Provide primary source verification of appropriate required credentials.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.