Are you looking for a career where "Doing the Most Good" is the driving force? Are you driven by a desire to help others who need a hand up? The Salvation Army Gateway Citadel located in south county St. Louis is looking for a part-time, 20 hours per week, Case Manager for Emergency Social Services (ESS) and Pathway of Hope (PoH). This position comes with great benefits such as 10 paid holidays a year, vacation time, sick time, and is eligible for participation in the company funded pension plan after one year of service. The normal work schedule is Monday - Thursday from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Starting pay is up to $13.00 an hour depending on education and experience.
1. Deliver the Pathway of Hope services to participating clients:
a. Conduct pre-screening and intake of clients using specified assessment tools;
b. Conduct goal setting steps with clients formulating change-oriented action plan;
c. Conduct follow-up case management meetings with clients;
d. Monitor and track the changes goal attainment on the action plan.
e. Input all client information into SIMS in a timely manner
2. Provide on-site and occasional outreach assistance to clients seeking emergency assistance.
3. Provide ESS intake and assessment to determine client eligibility and match clients with resources.
4. Distribute food, vouchers, and/or checks to clients for purchases and payments allowed; refer persons to other agencies if assistance is unavailable.
5. Identify resources available in service areas and maintain a current community resource guide to provide information and referral services and inform persons of the resources available to them.
6. Network with community agencies and organizations to maximize services to persons and occasionally liaison between clients, The Salvation Army and other agencies.
7. Record electronic and written client information in paper and computer records.
Full Job Description available at time of interview.
Bachelor’s degree in human services field with one (1) years related work experience with some supervisory experience. Combination of education and experience will be considered. Must have an outgoing personality with good communication skills and an ability to work with diverse cultures. Strong leadership style and good organizational skills required. Commitment to carry out The Salvation Army’s mission is essential. Knowledge of The Salvation Army and Government, State and community resources is helpful. Must have working knowledge of computers. Must have reliable transportation, a valid Driver’s License and pass TSA MVR check. Good communication skills as well as the ability to work with diverse and challenging personalities are essential.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.