Perform many routine janitorial tasks for upkeep of building and grounds, maintaining cleanliness and sanitary conditions. This is a regular part time position with a workweek expectation of 25 hours per week.
• Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters and maintains positive relationships with co-workers and supervisors. This would include but not be limited to such actions: resolution of conflicts in a positive manner; courteous treatment of staff, clients and visitors; respect of others’ property and person, professional and appropriate communication to and about co-workers, supervisors and subordinates. Support the Mission of The Salvation Army by treating every donor, contact and colleague with respect and dignity, and without discrimination of any kind.
• Clean commercial kitchen and dining room daily and deep clean as instructed.
• Broom sweep all floors, vacuum all carpeted areas, mop floors daily, buff/polish tile floor according to schedule, and clean up spills in all areas.
• Clean all glass, wood surfaces, and stainless steel surfaces using proper cleaning methods.
• Clean and sanitize all restrooms and fill all dispensers; soap, paper towel, toilet paper.
• Clean and vacuum chapel and pews seats, clean hallways, entrances and reception areas daily.
• Clean and vacuum office areas when asked by supervisors.
• Collect and empty trash from kitchen daily. All other areas as needed.
• Arrange, set up, and prepare rooms for all Corps programs as instructed.
• Keep all maintenance and janitorial supplies in good order.
• Inform the office, in writing, when low on supplies.
• Keep janitor’s room in orderly and clean fashion.
• Assist in grounds keeping by picking up trash and shoveling snow from sidewalks a necessary.
• Perform heavy cleaning when necessary.
• Report safety hazards to supervisors immediately.
• Make minor independent judgments based on prescribed procedures and policies when cleaning.
• Assist in all other duties as may be requested.
High School diploma or GED preferred. Experience in janitorial work desired. Ability to accept supervision and instruction. Demonstrate ability to perform independently. Possess a positive attitude, and works well with others. Must be willing to support the Mission of The Salvation Army; be able to pass The Salvation Army background checks, and meet the MVR drivers’ qualification. It must be understood by the incumbent that the position is subject to the requirements of Safe From Harm upon commencement of employment and that the required Safe From Harm training program must be satisfactorily completed, within the first thirty (30) days of employment.