Responsible for providing office assistance, kitchen duty, back up support to the receptionist and primary daily backup for receptionist lunch and afternoon breaks. Operates office equipment, including personal computers, copiers, and fax machines. This is a full time regular position with a workweek expectation of 30 hours per week, occasionally more as mission warrants. It must be understood by the incumbent that the position is subject to the requirements of Safe From Harm upon commencement of employment and that the required Safe From Harm training program must be satisfactorily completed within the first thirty (30) days of employment.
1. Provide support to other departments as approved by Administrative Assistant to the Divisional Secretary for Business Administration. Position will prepare special projects for the copy center. These will include large copy projects, booklet assembly, data entry, folding, stapling, collating, stuffing envelopes, etc.
2. Serve as key operator for the copy center. Order necessary toner, call for repairs, clear jams, etc.
3. Relief phone/receptionist – Provide phone relief for the receptionist for breaks and lunch. Answer multiple incoming phone lines, transfer calls or transfer call to voice mail. Accurately record messages. Provide referral and resource information to callers.
4. Mail Processing:
Assist in folding, applying labels, stuffing envelopes for department mailing.
Prepare labels, weigh and prepare packages for UPS delivery.
Prepare mail at end of day, adding postage. Be aware of policy and rate changes for the above.
See that adequate postage is available for mailing needs.
Make sure mailing labels are kept up to date.
Place necessary service calls for mailroom copier and mail machine.
5. Notify appropriate department when packages arrive – ask where the boxes should be delivered – place a post it note on the box to notify maintenance of delivery destination. Distribute small packages to departments. Distribute publications (War Crys, All the World, Daily Walk, etc) as directed.
6. Kitchen Duty: Each day maintain the lunchroom. Each Friday afternoon, clean out refrigerators.
End of Day:
Turn off coffee pots & clean in lunchroom and other common areas. Empty & wash coffee pots – in dishwasher or by hand.
Wipe off tables and chairs.
Throw newspaper in recyclables.
Wipe off counters & sink.
Wipe off stove, microwave, and toaster oven (inside and out).
Load dishwasher and start.
7. FIGI Returned Packages - Maintain a log on returned Figi packages. The majority of these packages come at Christmas time and on main holidays. Record name, address, city, state, zip code, order #, gift #, and reason for return. Cut label from box and attach it to a log sheet. Log sheets should be copied and returned to the Office Services Manager. Log sheets should be mailed to Figi daily during the Christmas season and at least twice weekly at other times of the year as they arrive.** Very important - All FIGI should be given to the Administrative Assistant, DSB immediately after check in. Do not leave it sit in the mailroom.
8. Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters and maintains positive relationships with co-workers and supervisors. This would include but not be limited to such actions: resolution of conflicts in a positive manner; courteous treatment of staff, clients and visitors; respect of others’ property and person, professional and appropriate communication to and about co-workers, supervisors and subordinates. Support the Mission of The Salvation Army by treating every donor, contact and colleague with respect and dignity, and without discrimination of any kind.
9. And all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED, with some previous office experience. Must have strong communication skills, ability to work with multiple phone lines, be computer literate, able to lift 50 lbs., pass The Salvation Army background check and work flexible hours as needed to fill in for Receptionist.