The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Kettle Coordinator will be responsible for all Red Kettle Campaign paid staff, kettle locations, and all kettle information. This position is also responsible for keeping the Red Kettle Campaign records up to date.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist with the hiring all personnel to include drivers and bell ringers
2. Provide new hires a code of conduct to include dress code, behavior, etc.
3. Scheduling all employees and some volunteers.
4. Supervising paid drivers and bell ringers at their work locations.
5. Keeping in contact with local businesses for regular and counter kettle locations.
6. Maintain equipment: bells, aprons, kettle stands, signs, kettles, etc. Also reporting any vehicle problems
7. Arrange delivery of all kettle stands/equipment and counter kettles to sites
8. Maintaining the bell ringing yearly binder
9. Keeping record of all employee pay information including hours worked each week
10. Attend any staff meetings relating to kettles and seasonal activities
11. Regular and timely daily attendance
12. Assist with the daily counting and depositing of kettle income as needed
1. Must support The Salvation Army Mission Statement
2. Pass The Salvation Army pre-employment process including a criminal background check
3. Must be self motivated, able to multi-task, a ‘go getter’, strong communication skills, highly organized, and able to work with limited supervision and direction.
4. Other responsibilities the Corps Officer or Volunteer/Special Events Coordinator may request.
5. Have a valid chauffeurs license with a good driving record.
Computer Skills: Good computer skills in Microsoft based programs.
1. Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
2. Work Environment:
The work environment will include being in an office, inside a vehicle driving between locations and outside in all elements of the weather as you meet incoming/outgoing paid ringers and volunteers.
From time to time duties and responsibilities that are not outlined in this job description may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the corps officer.