Provides assistance to those in need based upon the resources available. Provide training and guidance to emergency services case managers on processes, procedures and use of electronic database systems.
The Salvation Army Mission:
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimal education, experience, skills, and/or abilities required for this position.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or Related Field
Experience: One year in case management. An equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
Certifications: Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License with clearance to drive from TSA’s insurance carrier.
· Knowledge of principles and practices of social work and case management techniques relevant to the services offered.
· Knowledge of federal regulations (including HUD) and state laws applicable to the programs.
· Knowledge of appropriate interviewing skills.
· Knowledge of public and private social services providers within the community and resources and programs available to clients with identified needs.
· Knowledge of collaborative case planning.
· Knowledge of de-escalation and crisis intervention techniques.
· Knowledge of computer applicants related to the work including skills in Microsoft Word and Excel, Internet and email.
· Knowledge of record keeping principles and practices.
· Knowledge of techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethical and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the phone.
· Knowledge of programs and eligibility requirements for the Social Security Administration, State Medicaid and Badger Care, County Social Services, Foodshare and other relevant programs.
· Ability to adhere to appropriate boundaries and ethics.
· Ability to demonstrate sensitivity with clients of diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Ability to analyze, interpret, apply and explain applicable complex laws, codes, regulations and procedures.
· Ability to assess cases appropriately and utilize most appropriate community resources to provide effective client services.
· Ability to use initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines; organize own work, set priorities and meet critical deadlines.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
· Ability to communicate exceptionally well orally, in writing and over the telephone.
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally life and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific visions abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employees must have reliable transportation to move about service area and between Salvation Army locations.
Work Environment: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Much of this job is performed indoors in normal room temperature conditions. When the duties require being outdoors, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
At times the duties will involve working with individuals having infectious and/or communicable diseases.