The Salvation Army Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of Christ. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for management of the Needs and Volunteer Portfolio while supporting the development functions throughout the DHQ and Peoria campus. The Volunteer Coordinator will work to manage and identify program needs in the Peoria area for volunteers and for the Development staff. The Volunteer Coordinator will manage the CRM tool to communicate to internal and external users the needs of the area, identify, engage, and manage volunteers on a daily basis for the DHQ campus programs.
• Develop and maintain a Needs Menu for internal/external communications showcasing program Needs.
• Maintain and populate CRM tool while being lead contact for internal and external users.
• Participate with various Peoria Salvation Army committees to promote and satisfy program Needs.
• Recruit, process, train, and manage all volunteers on the DHQ campus and during special DHQ campus events.
• Maintain and populate volunteer database tool with individual volunteer information while also working with the Divisional Corporate and Volunteer Coordinator.
• Process all pertinent paperwork for specific volunteers in the DHQ campus and Peoria area.
• Develop presentations and communication avenues for volunteer opportunities to increase participation amongst key stakeholders including but not limited to Advisory Board members, committee members, clubs, organizations, community groups.
• Maintain contact with existing volunteer base via thank you notes, additional volunteer opportunities, certificates of appreciation, etc.
• Report statistical information monthly regarding volunteers to the Tri-County Coordinator and the Divisional Corporate and Volunteer Coordinator.
• Develop, implement, and consider innovative ways to recognize and engage volunteers through communications and special events.
• Act as a representative of the Salvation Army and its mission while interacting with a wide range of contacts both within and outside of the Salvation Army.
• Other projects that are pertinent to role and enhance the overall awareness of the Salvation Army are to be completed as assigned
Associates Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred in communications, business, or social services OR commensurate experience. A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a fundraising, volunteer management, special events or administrative position. A valid driver’s license with clearance of the Salvation Army background check and MVR process. Experience with SalesForce is a plus.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment: This position is required to do light physical work. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to use standard office equipment and a PC. The work environment for this position includes an office environment with a low moderate noise level. Must be able to travel to various locations on a regular basis within the Peoria area.