- Bill Payment
- Validates expenditures – attaches signed delivery receipt.
- Resolves questions about bill payment, upon request by vendors.
- Records dates of payment on purchase log.
- Ensures timely payment of regular monthly bills, such as rent.
- Prepares check requests.
- Codes each expense by program being charged.
- Codes each expense by relevant budget category.
- Obtains check request approvals.
- Ensures that necessary copies of documentation are made.
- Records check information on check request.
- Distributes or mails checks.
- Process Child Care Applications for all sites
- Work with Site Directors to ensure that all children in full day programs are approved to receive Child Care certificate reimbursement payments
- Work with Site Directors to ensure that each child’s renewal eligibility is completed before the Child’s eligibility expires
- Tracking continued eligibility for all Child Care eligible for all children receiving certificate funding.
- Expense Reporting
- Collects paid invoices by reporting period (monthly).
- Sorts invoices by the program that is being charged.
- Posts each expense in expense ledger by program.
- Produces monthly expense reports organized by budget categories.
- Produces monthly site spending reports and budget comparisons.
- Submits completed reports to funding agencies.
- Monitors deletions and creates resubmission vouchers as needed.
- Maintains up-to-date voucher and vendor files.
- Reviews and revises site purchase.
- Selectively compares prices of items to previous orders.
- Ensures that orders are approved before being sent to vendors.
- Maintains purchase order log.
- Prepares In-Kind Report
- Collects In-Kind reports from centers.
- Reviews documentation for conspicuous errors.
- Produces monthly In-Kind report organized by budget category.
- Maintains records of maintenance agreements, serial numbers and purchase dates of equipment, and due date for agreement renewal.
- Maintains property inventory for each center with up-to-date inventories.
- Reports equipment purchases and dispositions to property control unit.
- General Office
- Picks up and distributes office mail/ faxes.
- Answers the phone when needed.
- Bus Pass Disbursement
- Orders bus passes, balances and monitors bus pass disbursement.
- Produce bus pass report.
- Back-up Responsibilities
During times when the person with primary responsibility in the following areas is not available, due to vacation, illness, vacancy, etc., it will be the responsibility of the Accounts Payable/ Processing Clerk to fill in for that person in the following areas:
- Review time sheets.
- Prepare the payroll.
- Provides reception to visitors.
Support to Managers
- Mailings, word, processing, excel & graphics.
- Other special projects.
- Orientation and training of temporary office assistants.
- Provide meeting support as requested.
- Maintain office equipment and supplies.
- Provide technical support for computer problems.
Shared Responsibilities with Other Administrative Team Members
- Maintenance of forms notebooks.
- Receive and count donations
- Assist with Christmas and other annual donations
- Other special projects.
- Inter-Office Cross Training
Will receive training in related office areas that will strengthen the program’s ability to continue daily business in the absence of other key staff:
- Processes and code reimbursement checks for the finance office.
- Report monthly expenses to finance office.
- Collect records and code site money orders for the finance office.
- Work collaboratively with Program Director, Office Manager and Accountant in developing all grant budget applications.
- Work collaboratively with Program Director, Office Manager and Accountant in developing the Head Start and EHS budget applications, contracts, budget revisions, and budget amendments in collaboration.
- Work collaboratively with Program Director, Office Manager and Accountant in the development of the Child Care department budget submission to the Divisional Finance Board.
- Work collaboratively with Program Director, Office Manager and Accountant in tracking the receipt of funds from funding sources to ensure sound fund balance.
- Work collaboratively with Program Director, Office Manager and Accountant in keeping programs form overspending by reviewing DFSS contracts for expenditures by line item to determine if and when a budget revision is necessary, (before September 15th for all Head Start budgets – final submission date, although extension may be requested).
- Must be flexible with work schedule.
- Child Care Management Team Planning
Coordinates with all members of the management team to plan, support and monitor all programs of The Salvation Army Child Care Program.
Assists with budget review. Makes appropriate suggestions for expenditures and/or changes.
Assists with developing and maintaining good staff relationships.
- Professional Expectations
Adheres to personnel policies.
Supports and enforces program regulations.
Assumes and thoroughly completes all duties in a professional and timely manner.
Accepts responsibility willingly.
Demonstrates enthusiasm for the program.
Responds objectively to change.
Responds in a positive manner to constructive suggestions.
Respects confidentiality of parents, children, and other staff members.
- Keeps abreast of personnel practices and demonstrates professional growth and improvement through:
Identification of own training needs.
Participation in training sessions.
Enrollment in workshop/college courses.
Reading professional literature.
Application of training to performance.
- Other Duties
All other duties as assigned.