The Salvation Army Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of Christ. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
• Provide emotional, spiritual, and guidance to residents. Maintain compliance according to The Salvation Army established policy and procedures (Employee manual, Shelter Guide, resident guidelines booklets.)
• Adhere to and hold clients accountable to shelter guidelines , and taking disciplinary action if necessary
• Conduct intake and assessment interviews, while maintaining familiarity of shelter documents/forms and intake paperwork.
• Perform breathalyzer and urinalysis as needed taking necessary action if needed and logging the results.
• Follow up on daily resident chores and room responsibilities.
• Daily duties may include but are not limited to :
Laundry( Bed linens and towels)Preparation of meals, and supervision of clean up (Meal temperatures logged)Sweep and mop daily, Cleaning of bathrooms, showers , stools and sinks, Monitor resident laundry and basic facility security.
• Supervise all participants in shelter program who are often a diverse and difficult population with special needs.
• Oversee daily activities of clients while supervising facility maintenance and upkeep as needed.
• Organize and lead special programs as assigned by supervisor.
• Assume responsibility and leadership for the on-going development of clients as it relates to their specific service plan.
• Make recommendations to the service plan program concerning compliance of client workshops and any other development opportunities.
• Function as coordinator of client activities; assuming responsibility for direction of clients.
• Generate TSA statistical data reports as assigned in adherence to all applicable government guidelines.
• Adhere to and maintain necessary logs and reports.
• Adhere to and implement the department’s budgets.
• Develop and implement the department’s annual budget in conjunction with the Divisional Finance Department and the Divisional Social Services Director.
• Assume reasonable expectation to be assigned additional shifts as needed by supervisor with little notice.
• Available to work any shift as assigned.
• Actively participate in any outdoor, or off property trainings as assigned.
• Appropriately represent The Salvation Army Decatur IL in a professional way.
• Assisting in the development and training of future staff and clients as assigned.
• Provide professional and courteous direction for clients.
• Coordinating and maintaining the intake/inputting and filing of numerous case files and notes.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Ability to communicate effectively, precisely, and compassionately in both oral and written form.
• Uphold and support The Salvation Army’s Doctrines, mission statement, values and any position statements.
• CPR First Aid and Emergency First Aid training preferred.
• Certification from The Salvation Army Safe from Harm trainer.
• Willingness to maintain a flexible and available schedule and report for assigned shifts.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience: Prior experience with social service agencies, or related field, helpful but not necessary.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment: This Position is required to do light to moderate physical work. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the individual is regularly required to remain stationary for some periods of time, use hands and fingers, communicate, move, occasionally required to position self to stoop, kneel or crouch for extended periods, frequently required to reach with and use arms and hands as required in using standard office equipment and a PC. Applicant must be able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds; up to 50 pounds in given situations or circumstances. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to focus. The work environment for this position includes an office environment with a low to moderate noise level.