The Salvation Army Mission: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
• Clean all facilities as directed by the Officers or Office Staff.
o Which includes the following tasks:
o Clean all restrooms, toilets, urinals, mirrors, sinks and floors, stock with needed supplies
o Set up tables and chairs in the Dining room.
o Vacuum and clean the entire chapel.
o Clean and setup all classrooms.
o Clean the administrative offices, empty trash, sweep floors, mop floors, clean windows, and clean restroom.
o Sweep and mop the entire kitchen in the absence of volunteer workers.
o Haul all trash up to the dumpster on a daily basis or as requested by the Officers or Office staff.
o Assist in keeping order to the garage and warehouse.
o Pick up or assist with donations.
o Return or take back recyclables and donation containers.
o Break down cardboard and place it in the recyclables bins.
o Replace light bulbs when needed.
o Clean grease trap when needed.
• Seasonal duties:
o Remove snow and apply ice melt to sidewalks and path.
o Maintain landscaping on corps property.
• All other duties as related to custodial services as assigned by The Corps Officer or Business Administer.
• Fulfill the mission and vision of The Salvation Army Burlington IA Corps.
o Burlington’s Vision Statement
“Every one of the Burlington Corps Community Center will emulate Jesus through excellent and sustainable services that are Missional and Transformational.”
• Promote an “all hands on deck” approach to teamwork in the office; assisting where needed.
• Promote all Salvation Army programing to the community such as Sunday Programing, Youth Programing, Bible Study, Afternoon Lunch, Thrift Store, ect.
• Maintain positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships with clients, co-workers, and supervisors. This includes, but is not limited to, such actions as: resolution of conflicts in a professional manner; courteous treatment of staff, visitors and clients; respect of other’s property and person; and professional and appropriate communication to and about clients, co-workers and supervisors.
• Must have a clear understanding of the ministry and vision of The Salvation Army Mission.
• Must complete and stay current with The Salvation Army’s Safe From Harm training.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must be able to pass background check
• Must be able to pass yearly motor vehicle check
High School Diploma or equivalent
• Valid Driver’s License with clearance to drive from The Salvation Army’s insurance carrier.
• Experience in guest services (cleaning, hospitality, customer service, etc.)
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Good organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on assignments.
• Ability to think independently and exercise sound judgment.
• Computer skills appropriate for the job
• Exhibit enthusiastic, friendly, and outgoing personality.
• Must be available to work holidays as required.
• Ability to clean with a variety of chemicals
• Flexibility in daily work schedule with the possibility of working some weekends
• Motivated self-starter and able to work on your own without supervision
This position is required to do moderate to heavy physical work. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the individual is regularly required to lift forty plus pounds, bend, twist, carry, move, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, stand for an extended period of time and frequently required to reach with and use arms and hands as required in operating equipment such as a forklift and Salvation Army vehicles. Specific vision abilities for this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to focus. The work environment for this position includes a warehouse environment with moderate to high noise level.