Customer service position responsible for responding to customer requests and concerns, as well as assisting in the receipt/sorting of donations and sales of thrift store goods. Also, directs thrift store volunteers as necessary.
• Provides independent, courteous problem-solving services to thrift store customers in a timely, accurate and effective manner. Forwards concerns/suggestions/complaints to the appropriate individual.
• Operates cash register, accurately recording each sale and preparing daily sales reports.
• Provides receipts for donations and sorts as necessary.
• Directs volunteers as they complete tasks throughout the thrift store.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by thrift store management.
The position requires a High school diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED) or equivalent education and experience. Customer service and/or cashiering experience preferred. Amiable, helpful, courteous, and respectful demeanor, with ability to work well with fellow employees and volunteers, take supervision from thrift store manager, and demonstrate concern for thrift store customers. The incumbent must be able to lift heavy objects. The applicant must be able to pass The Salvation Army’s background check. It must be understood by the incumbent that the provisions of Safe From Harm will apply upon commencement of employment and also understood that the required Safe From Harm training be satisfactorily completed within the first thirty (30) days of employment.