The Salvation Army Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of Christ. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
• Assist in implementing the daily program under the direction of the After School Coordinator or Corps Officers.
• Assist in preparing the learning environment, setting up activity or learning space, and preparing needed materials and supplies.
• Supervise the children under the direction of the After School Coordinator or Corps Officers.
• Help with general housekeeping tasks.
• Be able to assess situations to determine priorities.
• Be able to be flexible, to adapt to changing needs.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Assist the After School Coordinator or Corps Officers as directed.
• Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the After School program.
• Treat all children with dignity and respect.
• Attend all staff meetings and training programs/conferences as requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience: Must be at least 18 years old, friendly and work well with children; individual must be willing to become familiar with and support the mission of The Salvation Army; must be able to pass background check; must have experience working or volunteering with youth.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment: This position requires bending, stooping, lifting, going up and down stairs and helping with children. This position also requires being down on a child’s level and being very active throughout the day. The noise level could be quite loud throughout the day as children play, yell and run around.