Oversee the operation of the Christmas kettle campaign.
1. Provide administrative support to Corps Officers for Red Kettle Campaign.
2. Interviews, recruits, screens and selects bell ringing staff and volunteers ensuring all sites are covered effectively.
3. Maintain database – Register-To-Ring – for recruitment of volunteers, locations of kettle sites, daily driver’s routes and statistical reports for productivity.
4. Plans, schedules and assigns work of paid employees/staff.
5. Verify hours worked by kettle workers and sign off on.
6. Coordinate communications between volunteers, staff and kettle drivers.
7. Utilize office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, copier, and money counting machines.
Maintenance and Safety
1. Building areas are kept clean and maintained that are designated for meetings.
2. Identify and implement proper training tools for instruction in bell ringing etiquette and Salvation Army protocol to all volunteers and staff.
3. Conduct pre and post season inventory on all kettle equipment including, but not limited to, kettles/stands/signs, bells, bell ringer aprons, and assigned vehicles. This includes gas cards and mileage reports.
4. Maintain equipment utilized during bell ringing season including, but not limited to, kettles/stands/signs, bells, bell ringer aprons, and assigned vehicles. This includes gas cards and mileage reports.
1. Inventory is accounted for at the beginning and ending of season. Report any broken equipment for replacement by the next season.
2. Approval of expenses is required by Corps Officer prior to purchase.
3. Create financial reports of all kettles sites through Register-To-Ring including locations, days and dollars raised. Report to Supervisor on a daily basis or as requested.
4. Complete online Christmas report as requested by DHQ and Corps Officers.
5. Responsible for financial integrity of the kettles.
Employees and Volunteers
1. Employee records are kept confidential and processed through the DHQ HR Department with approval by Corps Officer before submission.
2. Volunteer records are maintained on Register to Ring website.
3. Communicate through Eblasts or emails for recruitment of volunteer needs for the organization.
4. Research and attend at least two local career and/or volunteer fairs for bell ringer recruitment.
5. Maintain contact with staff and volunteers; answers questions, concerns or problems.
6. Generate enthusiasm by telling the story of The Salvation Army and the impact their participation has on the Christmas Red Kettle Campaign.
7. Support the mission of The Salvation Army
• Minimum High School diploma
• At least one year experience of human service or fundraising field.
• Valid Driver’s license; MVR; Criminal and financial background clearance.
• Proficient computer skills in the use of Word, and Excel software.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
• Uses diplomacy and good judgment.
• Demonstrated ability to use initiative and be a self-starter.
• Willingness and capacity to learn new computer program in a fast paced environment
• An attention to detail.
• A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible in light of changing job situations/priorities.
• Willing to promote the mission and ministry of The Salvation Army.
• A passion to lead others by serving them.
• An ability to work with confidential material.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
• This position is required to do moderate physical work and must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods of time, communicate effectively, position self to stoop, kneel, or crouch; and frequently required to reach with use of hands and arms.
• The work environment includes an office environment with use of PC and standard office equipment as well as outside environment (during winter months) with a low to high noise level.
• Ability to concentrate in such a workplace is essential.
• Must be able to travel to various kettle locations.
• Specific vision abilities include close and distance vision, and ability to focus.
• Sit for extended periods of time in a motor vehicle.