Handling and pricing of merchandise for sale. Rings up merchandise, totals bill, accepts payments and makes changes for customers in thrift store by performing the following duties.
• Process merchandize efficiently following the standards set by the Store Manager.
• Pricing unmarked items of merchandise.
• Hang clothing as instructed.
• Stock racks, shelves, counters or tables with merchandise.
• Cleans shelves, counters or tables.
• Ring up purchases for customers.
• Operates cash register, accepting payment and making change. Wraps or bags merchandise for customers.
• Helps set up displays and arranges merchandise to promote sales
• Responsible to maintain good customer relations by giving prompt, courteous assistance to customers.
• Follows through on rotating and outdating merchandise.
• Insure proper use of assigned equipment
• Assure that the building and grounds are kept clean of trash and donated items.
• Maintenance and cleaning of restrooms, foyer, trash, windows and floors.
• Report complaints, damages and concern to management
• Support the mission of The Salvation Army.
• High School diploma or GED preferred
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Must be able to add and subtract, multiply and divide numbers
• Ability to perform operations using units of American money
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND:
• No experience required.
• Must be able to pass background check.
• Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one situation to customers, clients and other employees.
• To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, talk and hear in order to process merchandize and perform essential duties satisfactory. Must be able to stand for considerable periods of time.
• Must be able to lift moderate loads (approximately 30 lbs.) to chest height
• Must be able to use basic office equipment including cash register, copy machine, fax machine, telephones, etc.
• Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.