Effectively monitor and maintain emergency assistance distributions.
• Receive calls and visitors to The Salvation Army
• Screen potential clients for immediate needs
• Pre-qualify requests as to assistance eligibility
• Make referrals to other agencies
• Assist clients to fill out application for emergency assistance, commodities, Christmas sign ups, etc.
• Verify all important information
• Coordinate commodities distribution, including volunteers
• Track all monies spent in their respective spreadsheets, i.e. FEMA, grants, Project Warmth, Commodity food, Officer Fund, etc.
• Be prepared to report on the status of all funds via spreadsheets, back up documentation, and input into MAAC Link.
• Assist the Corps Officer in preparing all FEMA files for submission annually, keeping extra copies of everything.
• Submit monthly statistics to Corps Officer for entering into TSA Stat System
• Network with other helping agencies
• Coordinate seasonal outreach with officers, staff and other agencies
• Purge and store files annually
• Refer clients to the Corps Officer in times of spiritual need
• High School Diploma and basic computer skills, including Microsoft Suite.
• English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
• A combination of training, education and experience equivalent to knowledge base as achieved by the above standard is acceptable and at the Corp Officer discretion
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND:
• Modern office procedures, methods, and practices relating to social services
• Knowledge of E-mail use and functions
• Positive interpersonal relations skills