The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by love for God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human needs in his name without discrimination.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support the Ministries of The Salvation Army of Livingston County, MI through basic, clerical, seasonal, and occasional reception duties.
Supports the mission of The Salvation Army
CLERICAL AND SEASONAL DUTIES
• Performs clerical duties, including organizing and filing seasonal assistance application and donation forms.
• Assists in maintaining an efficient office and general provision of Salvation Army seasonal programs.
• Participate in regular staff meetings.
• Assists in general office work including, but not limited to: opening/closing the building, answering the phone, filing, and making copies.
• Represents The Salvation Army well and makes every effort to improve the reputation and further emphasize the presence of our organization in the community
• Helps prepare and/or manage seasonal assistance events in partnership with the Social Services Director, Corps Officers and other staff (ie. Copy applications, maintain waiting list for programs, distribute seasonal program information and resources).
• Other duties as assigned by the Social Services Director.
• Assist in the assignment of clients to Thanksgiving donors
• Assist in the set-up, running, and tear-down of the Toyshop
• Assist in the assignment of clients to Adopt-a-Family donors
• Contact donors and program participants over the phone and through email
• Occasionally provide reception coverage at the front desk when volunteers are unavailable
• Helps prepare and/or manage seasonal assistance events in partnership with the social services director, corps officers and other staff (i.e. Thanksgiving, Christmas, assistance with local disasters…etc.)
SERVICE COORDINATION AND COLLABORATION:
• Represents The Salvation Army well and makes every effort to improve the reputation and further emphasize the presence of our organization in the community.
• Cooperates, accommodates, and participates in the Corps efforts to approach clients with The Salvation Army’s holistic/spiritual approach as stated in goals.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent, with some computer skills/knowledge.
Skills: Self starter, motivated and able to adjust easily to change. Ability to work well with people from all socio-economic backgrounds. Friendly disposition with good communication skills.
General Conditions: Compliance with background investigation protocol and Safe from Harm training. Availability between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Some evening and weekend times may be required.