The Salvation Army Gateway Citadel located in South County is looking for a full-time, 40 hours per week, Custodian. This position comes with great benefits such as medical, dental, and life insurance, paid holidays, vacation time, sick time, and is eligible for participation in the company funded pension plan. Normal work schedule will be Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM. Starting pay is up to $11.00 an hour depending on experience.
This position keeps the Salvation Army church and Community Center in such a state of operating excellence that all who enter benefit from the various programs, activities and services offered in the building. It performs a broad range of cleaning duties to maintain the cleanliness and attractive appearance of the facility, both interior and exterior.
This is a DOT regulated position. A candidate will have to pass a DOT physical (paid for by the company), pass a road test, and may require additional DOT background checks if the candidate has in the previous 3 years worked in a DOT regulated position.
1. Maintain the Corps building, grounds and vehicles in a neat and clean condition.
2. Follow a weekly routine cleaning list and a monthly special project list.
3. Adhere to maintenance checklist (see attached) – copy kept in Corps Office.
4. Keep lawn mowed and the outside area trash picked up.
5. Assist with snow removal.
6. Make routine weekly checks of all areas of the building for cleaning or maintenance needs.
7. Maintain janitorial and restroom supplies.
8. Fill out purchase order for needed supplies and submit to office.
9. Guide repair personnel to problem areas.
10. Collect and dispose of all trash.
Full Job Description available at time of interview.
-Position requires basic communications with church/community center visitors and other employees.
-Ability to read and comprehend job description, cleaning instructions and material safety data sheet.
-One year previous custodian worker experience and some minor maintenance experience is a plus.
-Appropriate valid drivers license (12-passenger van requires a class “E” for MO and class "D" for IL) and pass TSA MVR.
-Frequently lifts 30 pounds, occasionally lifts up to 100 pounds and frequently moves 100 pounds or more using dolly/cart/truck.
-Occasionally climbs a ladder to work (replace light bulbs, etc.). Some of this work will be outdoors and will be cold in the winter and hot in the summer.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.