The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Purpose: To assure the daily cleanliness of the Ann Arbor Corps building.
Summary: To assure the daily cleanliness of the Ann Arbor Corps building, to maintain the function of the facility’s equipment, to care for the outdoor space, to make basic repairs as needed, to assist with the maintenance of all Salvation Army owned vehicles, to keep the building clutter free and in compliance with all health department and fire department regulations, and to assist with Christmas driving of bell ringers and pick up of donations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Daily routine building cleaning and trash removal
• Exterior care of the facilities to include lawn, bushes, leaf removal, snow removal on all walk ways, sidewalks around the building and at the bus stop adjacent to the building
• Weekly vacuuming and dusting of chapel
• Daily mopping of kitchen and bathroom floors
• As needed mopping of entry ways
• Weekly vacuum and dust office areas
• Daily vacuum Fellowship Hall
• Wash all tables in Fellowship Hall after Food Pantry
• Set up Fellowship Hall for Sunday activities and other special activities as needed
• Keep an inventory of all cleaning supplies and requisition them from the office manager in a timely manner
• Clean vehicle throughout the year but give special attention to cleaning maxi vans after Day Camp and Kettle Season
• Assist with driving bell ringers to locations in the morning
• Pick up Christmas donations as coordinated by the Angel Tree director
• Maintain an organized storage area for all maintenance supplies
• Other duties as assigned by the Corps Officer
• Must be 21 years of age or older with a chauffeur’s driver’s license and be able to pass The Salvation Army Motor Vehicle Register Check
• High School Diploma or GED
• Have previous experience with custodial/maintenance work
• Be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
• Be able to stand for long periods of time
• Complete Safe from Harm training within 90 days
• Must have a High School Diploma or GED
• Must have prior work experience in the field of maitenance
Computer Skills: Not required
1. Reasoning Ability: Must be able to problem solve issues related to the maintenance of the building.
2. Certificates and Licenses: Must have a chauffeur’s driver’s license and be able to pass The Salvation Army Motor Vehicle Register Check.
3. Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
4. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
5. In addition: Must be highly organized, motivated, a self starter with the ability to multi-task, be creative.
From time to time duties and responsibilities that are not outlined in this job description may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the Accounting Manager.
I have read and understood my job description and agree to follow as outlined.