Oversee Accounting operations and supervise Accounting personnel and Client Services personnel
• Assist in the opening and closing of accounting periods of various financial reports
• Generate and maintains various informational spreadsheets
• Maintain accuracy in managing financial information with agencies operating on varying fiscal timelines
• Prepare for invoicing by Divisional Headquarters
• Generate invoices for local income regarding rendered consumer services
• Track local revenue and program fees
• Audit/correct billing inquiries regarding consumer services
• Convey charge information and consumer tracking for clinical staff
o i.e.-service record and payment compliance
• Collect fees, post charges, post payments and create receipts for collection as needed by the Business Services Director and DHQ
• Verify monetary income from internal facility equipment and/or services
o i.e. laundry machines, employee meals
• Verify authorized petty cash account needed for accounting operations
• Validate accuracy of data entry
o i.e. housing reports, guarantor information, etc.
• Assist in overflow of duties required of other accounting staff
• Serve as Financial liaison between Salvation Army and Contractors
o i.e. government and local agencies
• Maintain positive working relationship with multiple external agencies and clients
• Consign professional correspondence to government and local agencies
• Monitor A/R report for outstanding debt from contractors
• Create billing reports for various contractors or external agencies
o i.e. Department of Child Services, Legal Courts of Law, etc.
• Manage FEMA and Grant monies relating to consumer needs
• Assist in contract compliance via the completion of forms for external agencies
• Assist in enrolling agency in certain networks for billing purposes
• Manage time off and department shift coverage
• Work overtime with authorized approval as needed
• Manage attendance in accordance with facility guidelines
• Recommend changes to enhance financial stability of facility
• Assist in training and policy instruction for Accounting staff
• Attend and lead Accounting staff meetings as needed
• Attend monthly in-service meetings
• Attend Supervisor meetings as needed
• Responsible for monthly in-service make-up sheet completion
• Conduct annual employee performance review for Accounting staff
• Serve on Program Development Committee(s) as Financial Liaison
• Serve on Quality Improvement Committee as Financial Liaison
• Assist in auditing processes, both internal and external as key team member of Audit Preparation Team
• Participate in interview process of Accounting candidates
• Contribute to a positive work environment
• Assist other departments as needed or directed
• Maintain a professional demeanor at all times
• Maintain communication with Directors
• Perform other duties as assigned by Business Services Director and/or Designee
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent Accounting Degree preferred
Background Checks: Must pass a CPS History Check, Local Law Enforcement Background check and The Salvation Army’s background check. Findings may disqualify an individual for this position.
Experience: General Accounting knowledge with two years previous experience preferred.
Working knowledge of computer with Microsoft Word and Excel experience required.
Certifications: Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain The Salvation Army Driver’s qualification standard. You may be asked to obtain a Chauffeur’s license.
Notary Public required within 90 days of hire.
Skills/Abilities: Ability to speak, write and understand English in a manner sufficient for effective communication with leadership and field personnel.
If in recovery, must demonstrate a minimum of 1 year of social and emotional stability.