Operates cash register to compute and record total sale for customers in As-Is store by performing the following duties.
1. Collect, record and secure payments received from As-Is sales customers.
2. Account for sales tickets and proper recording of such tickets and sales.
3. Prepare daily cash sales receipts for bookkeeping department.
4. Report any discrepancies to supervisor immediately.
5. Report to supervisor for reassignment at completion of As-Is sales.
6. Support the mission statement of The Salvation Army
OTHER DUTIES: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or administrator.
Must be a team player, a self-starter, and perform well with minimum supervision. High school/equivalent diploma. Position requires basic communications with customers and other employees. Ability to comprehend written job description, cleaning instructions and material safety data sheet. Position may require the ability to operate a cash register and to make correct change for items sold. Must be capable of performing essential duties.
The Salvation Army does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.