The Salvation Army corps located in Springfield, Missouri, is looking for a part-time, temporary Cook. This position will work 24 hours per week. Starting pay is $8.50 an hour.
1. Plan nutritious meals and prepare food for designated menus on a daily basis and for special functions.
2. Purchase needed food items and control inventory, receive supplies, complete reports and paperwork.
3. Comply with all safety and health regulations/codes regarding food preparation and service including maintenance of proper sanitation by wearing plastic gloves, hair nets, and aprons.
4. Maintain cleanliness in kitchen and dining areas.
5. Sanitize all cooking utensils.
6. Lift and carry cooking materials and supplies.
Full Job Description available at time of interview.
High school diploma or equivalent and one year cooking experience. Combination of education and experience will be considered. Able to comply with recipes and safety handling instructions. Medically qualified to work in food service area. Must have a valid food handling certificate.
Physical and Work Environment Requirements: Must be able to perform the above essential duties. Capable of frequently lifting 25 pounds and occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds. Will occasionally move 50 or more pounds using dolly/cart/truck. Most work will be indoors in a temperature control environment; however, in the kitchen it will get above 80 degrees at times and cold in the walk-in refrigerator/freezer if so equipped.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.