- Plans daily routing based on pick-ups assigned.
- Insure that all calls are made as scheduled and that care is taken to insure the security and safe
handling of goods and materials.
- Instructs and supervises helper, keeping in mind that helper is in a rehabilitation program and good
personal and work habits are taught by example as well as instruction.
- Responsible for developing of assigned route, including bagging on both sides and across the street of
- Responsible for the safety and security of the truck and equipment (including securing of hand truck at
end of day). Daily inspections of air, water, oil, etc. to maintain equipment in good operating
- Responsible to promptly report to immediate supervisor all accidents involving truck, personal injury or
- Act as personal representative of The Salvation Army and insure that all customers are treated
courteously. Immediately report any problem in pick-ups to immediate supervisor through the
- Responsible for behavior of truck helpers.
- Wear provided back guard when doing any substantial lifting or moving.
- Personally maintain a neat appearance, including clean clothing, clean shaven, neatly trimmed hair,
shirttail tucked in and appropriate head gear.
- Responsible for loading and unloading of truck and to help with other trucks as requested.
12. Support the mission statement of The Salvation Army.