The Salvation Army Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of Christ. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
• Maintain a positive work environment through various Employee Relation needs
• Be an asset and resource for staff of The Salvation Army; answer questions, support benefit needs
• Create and distribute documents and annual renewal materials as necessary
• Manage recruitment efforts; plan and prepare as we forecast future needs
• Post and manage the employment vacancies database. Share qualified resume’s with the appropriate departments.
• Ensure background and reference checks are complete
• Prepare and maintain reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the Human Resources department. Prepare periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested.
• Prepare and manage the employee files
• Assist in the orientation of new employee’s as well as the benefit orientation process
• Maintain current HR files and databases, I-9, HIPPAA, tax forms; ensure all in compliance and updated as necessary.
• Maintain records related to legal liability, grievances, performance reviews and disciplinary actions.
• Perform file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
• Files all compliance reports with the State and Federal government including the EEO-1 report
• Assists in the ongoing development and implementation of the Employee Handbook, Policies and Procedures
• Coordinate events and opportunities for Employee Relations that will allow us to reward and recognize our greatest asset; our internal workforce
• Handle administrative responsibilities for the Divisional Secretary, as necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Human Resources with one to two years experience working directly in a human resources environment. Basic knowledge of Employee Labor Laws, Federal and State guidelines.
Certifications: The Salvation Army’s “Safe from Harm” Training
Experience: This individual must be able to manage the varied demands of working with employee relations and have an understanding of human nature and the dynamics of workplace demands. The successful candidate must be flexible in order to handle unexpected and crisis situations with calmness and good judgement; must have a working knowledge of benefits, labor laws and legislative trends. Strong communication and organizational skills, effective problem solving skills and are able to relate well to others in a courteous and respectful manner. Must demonstrate the greatest confidentiality skills, honesty, trust and be able to think independently; treat overall information in a confidential manner and must be willing to become familiar with and communicate The Salvation Army mission and purpose of operation when working with others or addressing the public on behalf of The Salvation Army. Finally, all employees must be able to pass a background check and motor vehicle records inquiry.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
This Position is required to do basic business and office work. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the individual is regularly required to talk and listen, stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel. Individual must be able to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear. Individual must also be able to lift up to fifty pounds. The use of Office and Computer Equipment is necessary. Vision abilities will require close vision. Work may be performed indoors and occasionally require outdoors to attend meetings or see employee’s. There is low to moderate noise level for this position.