Process donated materials by performing the following duties
1. Process all merchandise efficiently and properly following the standards and quotas of The Salvation Army. Standard quotas for processors are as follows:
SORTERS 4000 lbs in 8 hours
HANGERS 50 trolley’s in 8 hours
EVALUATORS 2000 pieces in 8 hours
TAGGERS 2000 pieces
2. Price clothing per Salvation Army policy.
3. Rotate assignments as directed by the sorting room supervisor, learning all functions of the processing system.
4. Use back guard provided when doing any substantial lifting or moving.
5. Support the mission statement of The Salvation Army
OTHER DUTIES: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or administrator
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Processing experience preferred.
Ability to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers. Ability to perform these operations using units of American
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This position works in a warehouse work environment with moderate noise levels.