The Salvation Army Harbor House located in Springfield, Missouri, is looking for someone with strong people skills to join their team as the new Lead Monitor. This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, that comes with a great benefits package. Minimum starting pay will be up to $9.23 an hour.
1. Schedule shelter monitors to provide 24 – 7 coverage for the HH.
2. Maintain regular contact with the residents and Shelter Manager to determine program needs.
3. Keep Shelter Manager abreast of all situations and problems.
4. Revise and update forms used by Monitors and ensure they know what forms to use for what and for what reason.
5. Ensure that house rules are being enforced by Monitors and followed by residents.
6. Intervene when necessary to resolve problems between residents.
Full Job Description will be provided upon interview.
High school/GED Certificate with two years related work experience and some supervisory experience. Combination of training and work experience will be considered. Must be a team player, a self-starter, and perform well with minimum supervision. Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative and independent judgment and decision-making skills, independent and creative thinking, ability to work with a team. Must participate in HMIS training and be certified for data entry into HMIS within 60 days of employment, preferably within 30 days. Must be supportive of The Salvation Army’s mission and policies. The position requires a high level of confidentiality. Good communication skills as well as the ability to work with diverse and challenging personalities are essential.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.