The Salvation Army corps located in Springfield, Missouri, is looking for a full-time, 40 hours per week, Custodian/Grounds-keeper. This position comes with a great benefits package. Starting pay is $8.40 an hour.
1. Perform housekeeping duties including: dusting, window washing, cleaning restrooms, emptying trash, vacuuming/shampooing/spot cleaning carpets, sweeping/mopping/buffing/stripping/waxing tile floors, etc.
2. Assist with preventive maintenance of furnaces (changing filters) and other minor maintenance.
3. Maintain Corps grounds to include: yard work, trash removal, snow removal, lawn mowing, and any additional outside repairs as necessary.
4. Maintain confidentiality and comply with Salvation Army Safe from Harm guidelines.
5. Assist with any small or minor repairs and note any major repair that needs to take place in the buildings.
6. Assists with up-to-date inventory of cleaning supplies and custodial equipment.
Full Job Description available at time of interview.
A High School Diploma or GED with one year related work experience. Combination of training and experience will be considered. Ability to read and comprehend a job description, cleaning instructions and material safety data sheet. Basic communication skills to facilitate good communications between visitors and other employees. Pass The Salvation Army MVR check and within 90 days of employment, must obtain a valid drivers license to operate a box truck (Class E).
Physical and Work Environment Requirements: Capable of frequently lifting 30 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 100 pounds. Occasionally moves 100 pounds or more using dolly/cart/truck. Majority of lifting is from floor to waist height. Some lifting required above waist and shoulder high but it will be at a reduced weight. Position will have to bend, stoop, crouch, stand, walk, carry and push/pull items to accomplish this job. Occasionally climb a ladder to work (replace light bulbs, etc.). Some of this work will be outdoors and it will be cold in the winter and hot in the summer.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.