The Salvation Army corps community center located in Springfield, Missouri, is looking for a part-time Lead Community Center Assistant. During the school year this position will work Monday - Friday 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM. During the summer months it will work 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM. This position comes with benefits such as vacation time, sick time, paid holidays, and is eligible for participation in the company funded pension plan. Starting pay is $8.60 an hour.
1. Work with Community Center Director to ensure all facets of the program are carried out.
2. Report to the Community Center Director or Corps Officer any staff changes or issues that need to be addressed.
3. Assist with supervision of children during activities in the after school and summer day camp program.
4. Enforce rules as necessary.
5. Lead and participate in all facets of these programs, e.g., recreation, snacks, crafts, field trips, etc.
6. Mediate disputes among participants being sensitive to needs of all parties and report significant matters to supervisor. Seek supervisor’s or Corps Officers’ assistance to mediate if necessary.
7. Ensure that areas for eating, work and play are clean before and after activities.
Full Job Description available at time of interview.
Must be a high school graduate. General office skills necessary, with computer knowledge–Word/Windows, etc. Appropriate drivers’ licenses (MO class “C” CDL) and pass TSA MVR. Must be a team player, a self-starter, and perform well with minimum supervision. Adherence to The Salvation Army International Mission Statement.
Physical and Work Environment Requirements: Must be capable of lifting a 40 pound child and have the stamina/ability to physically interact with children in all aspects of the program. Must be capable of performing the above essential duties. Some work will be indoors in a temperature-controlled environment and some work will be outdoors with varying temperatures.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.