Oversee the day-to-day operation of the Thrift Store; supervise the Thrift Store staff, marketing sales and fiscal management. Operate an electronic cash register and office equipment, including personal computers, copiers, and fax machines. This is a full time regular position with a workweek expectation of 40 hours per week.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage the Thrift Store operations efficiently and effectively, while maintaining the established SA policies and procedures.
• Supervise, train, coach and conduct performance consultations and feedback for all Thrift Store employees and volunteers.
• Schedule staff to ensure appropriate Thrift Store coverage and manage vacation schedules.
• Sign-off on all Thrift Store employee time cards and absentee slips and turn them in to the Business Manager biweekly.
• Resolve staff and customer conflicts and complaints.
• Ensure all Thrift Store staff provides quality customer service to our customers.
• Prepare bank slip for cash deposits daily, make the deposit and safeguard cash at all times.
• Develop and maintain a system for evaluating, sorting, pricing and stocking to maximize sales.
• Inspect “special” donations to determine salability prior to accepting.
• Watch for and prevent security risks and theft.
• Maintain accurate sales, noting any sales trends and submit daily reports to the Business Manager.
• Recruit, interview and recommend hiring of Thrift Store employees and volunteers.
• Conduct regularly scheduled staff meetings, keeping staff informed of trends, issues and concerns.
• Maintain and report statistical information as required.
• Attend scheduled staff meetings.
• Notify the Corps Officer of any safety concerns, hazards or potential OSHA violations.
• Ensure the Thrift Store facility is kept clean and organized.
• Support the mission of The Salvation Army by treating every client and colleague with individual respect and dignity, and without discrimination of any kind.
• And all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma with a minimum of 2 years working experience in retail and staff supervision, preferably retail management. Must be self motivated, computer literate and proficient in Microsoft products, possess an aptitude in both written and oral communication, have excellent administrative and management skills, be trustworthy, especially in confidential matters, work independently, as well as with a team, be well organized and able to multitask. Must be able to pass a background check, possess a valid MN Driver License, have a good driving record and meet the MVR drivers’ qualification. It must be understood by the incumbent that the provisions of Safe From Harm will apply upon commencement of employment and also understood that the required Safe From Harm training be satisfactorily completed within the first ninety (90) days of employment.