The Salvation Army Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of Christ. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
• Supervise and coordinate staff of the department for vacation and sick time.
• Assist and oversee job applications for regular and seasonal staff for submission to DHQ
• Assist with receiving visitors
• Assist with budgets and management of including processing of all bills and checks to and from DHQ in a timely manner.
• Maintain payroll for DHQ for all staff
• Process all mail – to and from post office.
• Financial oversight in areas of: Deposit mail appeal, checks, credit card submissions, gifts in kind, capital campaign reports and maintaining to oversee proper procedures.
• Work closely with the corps officers for all special events such as the annual civic dinner, senior Christmas dinner, parking events and volunteer appreciation.
• Work closely with the corps officers for the Christmas/Tree of lights effort – maintaining all Christmas totals, seasonal food drives with schools and oversight to all bellringer payroll.
• Work with the Officers and the Advisory Board members to support the work of TSA in Springfield. – Preparation of board meetings – paperwork for agenda, roster, name plate and as needed by the corps officer.
• Assist in keeping an open network with the community and assist corps officers with community relations.
• Be able to draft letters for own work and the corps officers.
• Work with DHQ staff for all property proposals and grant requests/requirements.
• Assume responsibility and leadership for the on-going development of staff as it relates to their specific job function.
• Generate TSA statistical, federal, state, and local government contractual reports with the corps officers input.
• Manage and monitor Federal, State, and local contractual agreements with the assistance of the corps officer and Finance department from DHQ.
• Assist with corps Sunday bulletins and preparations
• Working and submitting reports to related federal, state and local grants targeting shelter programs and emergency assistance with the input of the corps officer.
• Provide pertinent information for personnel files to the corps officer.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor's degree in business/work-related field OR business/financial/administrative experience beneficial to The Salvation Army.
Experience: Individual must have specific knowledge and work experience related to business administration and financial standard practices related to working within The Salvation Army. Also, individuals seeking this position must be able to provide credible leadership to staff and volunteers of varying skills and abilities. Also, individual must be willing to become familiar with and support the mission of The Salvation Army; must be able to pass background check.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
This Position is required to do light to moderate physical work. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the individual is regularly required to remain stationary for some periods of time, use hands and fingers, communicate, move, occasionally required to position self to stoop, kneel or crouch, frequently required to reach with and use arms and hands as required in using standard office equipment and a PC. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to focus. The work environment for this position includes an office environment with a low noise level.