The Salvation Army corps located in Mattoon, Illinois, is looking for a Temporary Full-time Mobile Feeding Unit Coordinator. This position will work 30 hours per week, and it will run through August 14. Starting pay is $8.25 an hour.
1. Serve prepared food on site. Lift and carry coolers, hot boxes (Cambros) and supplies. All clean-up associated with delivery vehicle and utensils used on the canteen.
2. Comply with all safety and health regulations/codes regarding food preparation and service including maintenance of proper sanitation by wearing plastic gloves, hair nets, and aprons.
3. Ensure tables, vehicles and equipment are sanitary before and after meals. Keep canteen drawers and cabinets clean and organized at all times. Keep and maintain a daily temperature log of food being served within compliance of the Coles County Health Dept.
4. Report any damage or theft of canteen or supply items to supervisor.
5. Pick up food items in a TSA-provided vehicle, if needed.
Full Job Description will be provided upon request and/or interview.
High school diploma or equivalent and one year cooking experience. Able to comply with recipes, safety handling instructions and job description. Medically qualified to work in food service area. Appropriate drivers’ licenses and pass TSA MVR check is required. Must be a team player, a self-starter, able to handle several projects at the same time and perform well with MINIMUM supervision. Must think independently and demonstrate sound judgment. Must be supportive of The Salvation Army’s mission and policies
Physical and Work Environment Requirements: Must be capable of performing the above essential duties. Capable of frequently lifting 25 pounds and occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds. Will occasionally move 50 or more pounds using dolly/cart/truck. Most work will be outdoors which will be hot in the summer.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.