Responsible for the cleanliness, maintenance and upkeep of the Corps facilities, maintaining the grounds and the Corps vehicles. Responsible to prepare and serve meals for all Corps programs throughout the week and special events throughout the year. Also responsible to transport participants for programming, pick up donations and drive for seasonal Corps needs. This is a full time regular position with a workweek expectation of 40 hours per week. Schedule may vary between 30 and 40 hours per week based on seasonal needs.
• Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships with co-workers. This would include, but is not limited to such actions: work as a team with co-workers for better store efficiency, resolution of conflicts in a professional manner; courteous treatment of staff, visitors and clients; respect of others’ property and person and professional and appropriate communication to and about co-workers, and supervisors. Support the mission of The Salvation Army by treating every client and colleague with individual respect and dignity, and without discrimination of any kind.
• Keep Corps facilities clean and orderly (Chapel, fellowship hall, classrooms, closets, restrooms, hallways).
• Maintain the building inside and outside, report when repairs are needed.
• Keep sidewalks and entrances clean and free of debris throughout the year and clear of snow and ice seasonally.
• Empty and clean/sanitize all trash cans.
• Check all lights and fixtures, clean, dust, repair and/or replace bulbs as needed.
• Keep all maintenance and janitorial supplies in stock, well organized, and stored in designated locations.
• Keep all equipment organized, clean and in operating condition throughout the Corps, including the basement, closets, and shed.
• Maintain Corps vehicles, ensuring cleanliness, keeping fluid levels filled, and logging mileage.
• Perform minimal yard work that may include trimming edging, weeding, and raking.
• Perform a variety of miscellaneous tasks within the scope of this job description as assigned from time-to-time by management representatives.
• Reports safety hazards to supervisor.
• Do limited miscellaneous repairs, painting, program set up and take down as needed.
• Do pickups and deliveries twice weekly. This includes traveling to appointed designation(s), loading and unloading items onto or off of vehicle and carrying items into Corps for distribution.
• Assist with food distributions on a weekly basis.
• Maintain kitchen cleanliness to meet or exceed health code standards.
• Prepare and serve meals and snacks for all weekly and seasonal programs, i.e., Bible Study, Corps Council Meeting, Youth Night, Teen Night.
• Prepare meals for special fund-raising promotions or special events, i.e., World Services,
Harvest, Festival, WDP.
• Drive participants to weekly and seasonal programming and activities, i.e. Sunday worship service, Youth Night, Teen Night, VBS, Summer Day Camp, and Northwood Camp.Assist Kettle Coordinator during Kettle Season.
• Maintain the kettle equipment (kettle stands, bells, aprons, etc.) in good condition and well organized in the basement when not in use.
• Take kettle stands to the designated sites.
• Pick-up all kettles as needed or scheduled and pick up all kettles and stands on the final day of kettles.
• Assist in securing and transporting all kettles to Garda.
• All other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma with at least two years custodial experience. Experience with basic cleaning products and knowledge of safely using cleaning chemicals and equipment. Must be able to work independently with little direct supervision. Ability to prioritize tasks, accept supervision, work with many interruptions, be trustworthy, especially in confidential matters, well organized and efficient. Ability to regularly lift and move 50 - 70 pounds. Must maintain a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record with at least 2 years of driving experience.Must acquire a class “A” or “B” Driver’s license with passenger endorsement and DOT Minnesota physical card and Food Manager Certification within 3 months. Must be able to pass The Salvation Army’s background check and MVR driver qualifications. Must be willing to support the mission of The Salvation Army. It must be understood by the incumbent that the provisions of Safe From Harm will apply upon commencement of employment and also understood that the required Safe From Harm training be satisfactorily completed within the first thirty (30) days of employment.