The Salvation Army Chicago Central Administration (based on Chicago's north side) is seeking a full-time FACILITY MANAGER to begin work as soon as possible. Details of the position are as follows:
- Reports to Administrator
- Salary Position: $40,000
- 40 plus hours per week.
- Supervises: Maintenance Team
- Present Assets –
- 22 Stores - 12 Owned 10 Leased
- 1 Condo – Owned
- 2 Resident Buildings – Owned
- 3 Warehouse – 2 Owned 1 leased
Summary of job duties
- Manage day to day operations of commercial real estate
- Perform property site inspections
- Receives, Generates and Prioritizes
- Emergency Calls
- Maintenance Needs
- Incidental Upgrades
- Capital Improvements
- Negotiates lease obligations with Landlords
- Works with Property to obtain proposals for work
- Assist in budget preparation
- Approves and departmentalizes Invoices for payment
- Supervise vendors and maintenance employees;
- review work performed
- verifies billing for time
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal candidate will be a self-starter, be organized and detail-oriented, have a working knowledge of construction and have the ability to multi-task. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with Managers, Landlords and Administration both written and verbally. Software Knowledge to include: Microsoft Office. Candidate must have a driver’s license. At least two years of property management experience required.
Benefits provided are; competitive pay, paid time off, excellent health insurance coverage, dental insurance, life insurance, 401(k)
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Property Management: 2 years
- Human Safety Issues
- Preventive Maintenance
- Building Assessment:
- Document Review
- Lease Awareness
- Landlord’s Accountability
- Maintenance Records
- Evacuation Plans
- Floor Plans
- Environmental Studies
- Seasonal Preparedness
- Upkeep & Repair
- Liaison with HQ
- Capital Project
- New Store Proposals
- Preferred Vendor list
- Emergency Response
- Life expectancies & Replacement Schedules
- Ensure Janitorial Standards
- Oversee the delivery of maintenance and repair services while evaluating vendors and suppliers on a regular basis with regard to quality and competitive pricing
- Manage third-party contractors/vendors engaged in operating and maintaining properties
- Coordinate discussions with selected vendors or suppliers regarding goal setting, performance criteria, and performance review
- Perform site inspections to develop recommendations for improvements and to perform facility planning, budgeting, and equipment replacement.
- Prepare and submit purchase order requests
- Develop monthly/quarterly variance reports on all operating budgets for each property on a timely basis.
- Achieve cost savings through maximizing utilization of suppliers, preferred vendors/contractors and identifying additional efficiency opportunities.
- Maintain employee work schedules, training, vacations and paid time off, coverage for absenteeism, and overtime scheduling.
- Accountable for the accuracy and timely updates to all systems data utilized for the account processes, procedures and metrics.
- Regularly attend and/or participate in training opportunities to maintain high technical, administrative and managerial competency levels.
- Coordinates with building operations for utility, facility, or other shut-down activity that can affect operations.
- Perform additional job duties as required to support client and account initiatives
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Facilities Management
- Management/financial expertise.
- Minimum of 7 years of facilities experience in the corporate environment, third party service provider, or as a consultant.
- Proven record of success managing large portfolio and/or multiple sites.
- Experience managing and mentoring teams to meet and exceed client and account objectives.
- Facilities Management Skills
- Able to develop good working relationships with a wide range of people
- Well organized with excellent spoken and written communication skills, as well as customer and client management skills
- Ability to manage a varied and complex workload
- Working technical knowledge of building services
- Problem-solving is an essential skill
- Project Management Skills a plus
Interviewing begins the week of 06/04/18. Interested parties, please submit an application and resume by going to:
(Scroll down to "FULL-TIME FACILITY MANAGER. . .")
The Salvation Army has been a resource on many levels worldwide for nearly 150 years, providing hope for the poor and those in need through: shelter assistance, feeding programs, addiction recovery, spiritual encouragement and nurturing, among many other programs.
Posted by Peter Alexander -- Recruiter
Chicago Central ARC -- Clybourn