Rings up merchandise, totals bill, accepts payment and makes change for customers in thrift store by performing the following duties.
1. Stock racks, shelves, counters or tables with merchandise.
2. Price unmarked items of merchandise.
3. Cleans shelves, counters or tables.
4. Operates cash register, accepting payment and making change. Wraps or bags merchandise for customers.
5. Follows through on outdating as instructed.
6. Helps set up displays and arranges merchandise to promote sales.
7. Responsible to maintain good customer relations by giving prompt, courteous assistance to customers.
8. Use back guard provided when doing any substantial lifting or moving.
9. Support the mission statement of The Salvation Army
OTHER DUTIES: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or administrator.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school or GED.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situation to customers, clients, and other employees.
_________________________ _________________________ _______________
Employee Signature Supervisor Signature Date
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to operate cash register.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be bondable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, reach with arms and hands, and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to focus.
This position works in a store environment with some temperature control and moderate noise levels.