To provide services of HeatShare and Emergency Social Services in a professional manner to clients; to provide support to staff within the Social Services office and department. This is a regular full time position with a workweek expectation of 40 hours per week.
• Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters and maintains positive relationships with co-workers and supervisors. This would include but not be limited to such actions: resolution of conflicts in a positive manner; courteous treatment of staff, clients and visitors; respect of others’ property and person, professional and appropriate communication to and about co-workers, supervisors and subordinates. Support the Mission of The Salvation Army by treating every donor, contact and colleague with respect and dignity, and without discrimination of any kind.
• Adhere to the guiding principles of The Salvation Army's social services ministries as outlined in Faith In Action with an emphasis on intentional outreach in the area of pastoral care to those we serve.
• Conduct client interviews and case management. Determine eligibility for programs, assist in application, provide options, and make referrals.
• Keep accurate case notes of phone calls, interviews, etc.
• Assist clients with direct assistance (foodshelf, HeatShare, rental assistance, vouchers, etc.).
• Provide basic information and answer questions regarding Social Services programs.
• Coordinate and maintain foodshelf (volunteer training and evaluation, stocking, ordering, donations and other maintenance).
• Maintain required statistics (i.e. TSA stats, client files, United Way, EFN, etc.) as requested by Team Leader.
• Participate in office and department meetings, annual retreat, committee meetings and other meetings as appropriate; participate in community meetings and networking.
• Work on personal, office, and department goals.
• Participate in monthly supervision meetings with Team Leader.
• Facilitate educational/support groups and complete statistics.
• Assist in planning and implementation of seasonal activities as requested.
• Data entry, computer updating as requested.
• Assist with other department functions.
• Attend educational opportunities when appropriate.
• Other duties specific to the office location and as assigned. Actual duties performed may vary widely according to the services offered by the office a staff person is assigned to.
Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field. Experience working in a social service setting preferred. Understanding of the delivery of Social Services. Ability to accept supervision and work with a team of co-workers. Ability to work well with clients of diverse cultural and socioeconomic groups, respect confidentiality, able to work within ethical and legal parameters of social services. Willingness to support the philosophy, goals, and objectives of The Salvation Army. Must be able to pass The Salvation Army background checks and meet the MVR drivers’ qualifications. It must be understood by the incumbent that the provisions of Safe From Harm will apply upon commencement of employment and also understood that the required Safe From Harm training be satisfactorily completed within the first thirty (30) days of employment.