The Salvation Army Family Haven is looking for two full-time and two part-time shelter monitors to work in our seasonal cooling center. These are temporary positions that will work July 2, 2018, through September 7, 2018. The full-time positions will work up to 40 hours per week, and the part-time positions will work 24 hours per week The minimum starting pay for these positions will be $9.27 an hour.
1. Monitor clients to maintain order and assure safety of clients in building.
2. Admit homeless persons to the shelter, assign beds to occupants, and distribute supplies.
3. Screen admissions for weapons and confiscate located ones.
4. Observe occupants behavior and test for cause persons displaying disruptive behavior and suspected to be under the influence of drugs including alcohol.
5. Maintain order and contact emergency medical services or police as needed.
6. Complete shelter recordkeeping.
7. Assist the general cleaning of the building.
Full Job Description will be provided upon request and/or interview.
High school or equivalent diploma with one year of experience working in social service agency or two years work experience without a diploma. Higher education in psychology, social work, criminal justice or other related field is a plus. Must be a team player, a self-starter, and perform well with minimum supervision. Good communication skills are essential, as well as an ability to work with diverse cultures. Computer skills are desirable.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.