The Salvation Army's Midtown Service and Treatment Center is looking for an organized candidate with great people skills to join our team as the new Intake Coordinator. This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, that comes with a great benefits package which includes medical, dental, and life insurance, paid holidays, vacation time, sick time, and is eligible for participation in the company funded pension plan. Starting pay is up to $13.37 an hour depending on education and experience.
The Intake Coordinator is responsible to facilitate the intake process for those seeking treatment services from the Midtown Service and Treatment Center. The Intake Coordinator is expected to be proficient in use of CMIOR and the EHR utilized by the Midtown Service and Treatment Center. Position is expected to comply with and meet The Salvation Army, Federal, State and Local policies and standards.
1. Learn and become familiar with all aspect of intake and program assignment functions in CIMOR and with the EHR software and collection system.
2. Conducts intake/admission including: collecting basic demographic and background information, comprehensive needs, abilities, strengths and preferences, drug use history, Standard Means Test and orientation to MSTC, services and expectations. Utilizing this information to assigning guest to appropriate level of care and program.
3. Respond to new referrals documenting in appropriate method.
4. Maintain positive, professional relationships with referral sources, clients, and coworkers, adhering to Code of Ethics and agency policies.
5. Correct any file/charting deficiencies within appropriate time frame.
6. Work with team to provide Screening on phone or face-to-face.
7. Offer administrative support to clinical staff in completion of letters, forms, referrals etc.
Full Job Description will be provided upon request and/or interview.
High school or equivalent diploma plus some office training or college courses and two (2) years experience required. Experience on Microsoft Office programs and the following applications is required: (1) Word Processing, (2) Spreadsheets, (3) email, and applicable online billing system/database. CIMOR experience is a plus. Position requires basic communications with clients and staff. CPR/First Aid certification required. Annual TB test required per Salvation Army Harbor Light Policy. Must be a team player, a self starter, and perform well with minimal supervision. Must think independently and demonstrate sound judgment.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.