The Salvation Army Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of Christ. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
• Answering the telephone; providing assistance and information as needed
• Input client data into computerized tracking system
• Encourage clients to remain focused on their personal goal/ action plan
• Document daily activity in log book
• Ensure that clients attend to all required chores/ housekeeping activities
• Document rule infractions through incident reports
• Coordinate and offer assistance to volunteers as needed
• Ensure that meals are being prepared according to health department standards
• Receive and document donations and gifts received
• Review log entries since the last time worked for pertinent information
• Attend staff meetings as scheduled
• Determine client eligibility by verifying eligibility list and clearance card
• Conduct intake paperwork on new clients.
• Conduct bed checks periodically after curfew
• Ensure the safety of clients and security of the facility
• Enforce program guidelines and policies & procedures
• Contact appropriate agencies when crisis intervention is needed
• Remain on duty if there is a problem with the oncoming shift (sick employee) or until another staff member arrives.
• Ensure the building is clean and sanitary at the end of a shift
• Other duties as assigned by the Social Services Coordinator or Corps Officer
Education: High school diploma or equivalency. Human Service experience preferred.
Experience: Individual must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Possess sound judgment and excellent decision making skills. Individual must have the ability to work independently with little supervision or in a team environment. Possess a positive attitude in working with high risk clients, volunteers and donors. Individual must be dependable, honest and trustworthy. Individual must possess or have the ability to obtain food service sanitation certificate. Individual must be willing to become familiar with and support the mission of The Salvation Army and must be able to pass background check.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
This position is required to do light to moderate physical work. The individual must be able to lift 30 pounds. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the individual is regularly required to remain stationary for some periods of time, use hands and fingers, communicate, move, occasionally required to position self to stoop, kneel or crouch, frequently required to reach with and use arms and hands as required in using standard office equipment and a PC. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to focus. The work environment for this position includes an office environment with a low noise level.