Now Hiring Production Assistants/Drivers (this position is DOT regulated)
The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center is accepting applications for reliable and hardworking drivers.
This job is stationed at 2525 Dodge Street, Omaha, NE 68131.
Experience is preferred but not required.
1. Plans daily routing based on pick-ups assigned.
2. Insure that all calls are made as scheduled and that care is taken to insure the security and safe handling of goods and materials.
3. Instructs and supervises helper, keeping in mind that helper is in a rehabilitation program and good personal and work habits are taught by example as well as instruction.
4. Responsible for developing of assigned route, including bagging on both sides and across the street of each pick-up.
5. Responsible for the safety and security of the truck and equipment (including securing of hand truck at end of day). Daily inspections of air, water, oil, etc. to maintain equipment in good operating equipment.
6. Responsible to promptly report to immediate supervisor all accidents involving truck, personal injury or property damage.
7. Act as personal representative of The Salvation Army and insure that all customers are treated courteously. Immediately report any problem in pick-ups to immediate supervisor through the dispatcher.
8. Responsible for behavior of truck helpers.
9. Wear provided back guard when doing any substantial lifting or moving.
10. Personally maintain a neat appearance, including clean clothing, clean shaven, neatly trimmed hair, shirttail tucked in and appropriate head gear.
11. Responsible for loading and unloading of truck and to help with other trucks as requested.
12. Support the mission statement of The Salvation Army
OTHER DUTIES: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or administrator.
Supervises beneficiaries assigned as part of work therapy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while keeping a positive attitude; valid driver’s license, clear MVR (Motor Vehicle Registry), and successful completion
of The Salvation Army Road Test.
Physical requirements of the position include standing, kneeling, crouching, stooping and lifting/pushing 50 – 100 lbs.