The Salvation Army Gateway Citadel located in South County St. Louis is looking for energetic and passionate people who are looking to make a difference in the development of children (ages 5 to 12) through creative planning and implementing day camp activities (including sports, crafts, games, Bible lessons) and supervising campers on weekly field trips, swimming at the Salvation Army Day Summer Day Camp. This position will work Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 1:30 PM. Starting pay is $8.00 an hour.
1. Assist with supervision of children during activities in the program.
2. Enforce rules as necessary.
3. Lead and participate in all facets of these programs, e.g., recreation, snacks, crafts, field trips, etc.
4. When necessary, mediate disputes among participants, being sensitive to needs of all parties.
5. Clean eating, work and play areas before and after activities.
6. Assist in other youth activities as needed.
Full Job Description will be provided upon request and/or interview.
1. Previous work with youth activities is desirable.
2. Good communication skills.
3. Requires basic verbal communications with children and other employees.
4. Certified in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid is a plus.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.